- High quality 100g silica desiccant bead sachets.
- Completely non-toxic for food storage!
- Pack sizes of 1, 5, 10, 50, 100 and 160.
- Ideal size for our 35cm x 50cm, 48cm x 74cm & HD 48cm x 74cm bags
- Orange to Colourless Indicating Silica.
- External measurements 14.5cm x 9.7cm.
Our 100g silica bead desiccant sachets are of the highest quality and use iron salts as the additive. This high capacity desiccant changes from a deep orange when dry to a very pale yellow when exhausted. The indicator material used in Mylar Shop’s desiccant packs are well suited to repeated regeneration and reuse. This means that you can simply dry out the packs and use them again!
Orange to Colourless Indicating Bead Sachets are non-toxic and were created in the year 2000 as a solution to the classification of blue to pink silica as a toxic material. Silica gel will absorb up to 40% of its own weight in water vapour and it has an absorption efficiency that is 35% greater than similar desiccant products.
Our silica beads are reusable and have an almost indefinite shelf life. You merely need to gently heat the sachets and the colour will return and they will be able to be reused.
Simply place one silica sachet in your bag, with contents, press out as much air as possible and seal the top using a normal iron or heat-sealer.